Friday, January 30, 2009

Beginnings

Well, I have never done anything like this before, blogging or running a children's ministry. New things are always an adventure. I suppose I should start at the beginning of my story. I have always loved kids, I think it helped that I was the oldest of five. When I went off to college this past fall, I met Emily and Kevin Layne. They were starting a church in Fountain City, TN and they were looking for someone who could (and would) run a children's program. I had been looking for a church that I could call home away from home and Ridge Church became the perfect fit. My major happened to be Children's Ministry at Johnson Bible College, so the opening at Ridge was a blessing and perfect for me. I have become very close to the Layne family and Ridge Church. We just had our second Sunday meeting this past week and it was an eye opening and wonderful experience. This past week was the first week that we launched the children's program. We had five children and that was more then what we planned for. It was great! Everything is so new and different when you actually start a church from the ground up and you can watch as the Lord grows and expands everything. So the work begins... new church body, new children's program, new children's minister, and new experiences that are from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment